Monday, April 2, 2012

First Posting

My mind usually runs a million miles a minute (which is about as fast as I talk) ... the number of planners, lists and other trackers that I attempt to keep in order is probably more than I'd like to admit to owning. After indolently skimming some of my friends' blogs on the second leg of my daily commute into work, I had an epiphany that a blog would be a great way for me to organize my thoughts, track some of my favorite things, and share recipes+ideas with family and friends.

I work within the consulting industry, which -- for my current project -- involves a two hour commute each way utilizing three forms of transportation Monday through Thursday. Although this seems fairly condusive to two facets of my personal interests (drinking good beer/wine and trying new restaurants...strong emphasis on the first), it is a blatant hindrance to working out, cooking, baking, and eating healthy in general. Like anyone else, time is a premium. Trying to squeeze all of the things important to me into those precious hours is a stressful and seemingly losing battle I fight weekly. I try to find ways to maximize that time by finding shortcuts in other areas, overall leading to a happier (and healthier) me.

No comments:

Post a Comment